TRIED, TRUE AND SOMETHING NEW
Available 1 May, 2018 - 30 September, 2018
Central Otago, NEW ZEALAND – Visit two of Central Otago's most spectacular and unique luxury retreats, Matakauri Lodge and Mahu Whenua Lodge, on one sublime South Island adventure when you reserve the Tried, True and Something New Package.
With four nights at the acclaimed “tried and true” Matakauri Lodge and three nights experiencing “something new" at the recently unveiled Mahu Whenua Lodge, this truly is the South Island at its best.
Tried and True…
Just seven minutes from bustling Queenstown, Matakauri Lodge is an established favourite. Dramatically positioned on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, this cosy lakeside retreat offers mesmerising panoramic views of the lake and the big three: The Remarkables, and Cecil and Walter Peaks.
Matakauri’s proximity to Queenstown makes it an ideal escape to experience Queenstown’s vibrant town centre, Arrowtown’s vivid autumn colours or the region’s extended ski season. Yet with its secluded location, Matakauri feels a world away from the adventure capital’s hustle and bustle. Combining its unrivalled position with classic style, chic decor, a cellar of impressive wines, and Chef Jonathan Rogers’ modern New Zealand cuisine, Matakauri’s dining experience is truly special.
Serenely positioned in what has been somewhat of a local secret, Mahu Whenua Lodge is a new and exciting luxury alpine lodge experience. Set amidst 136,000 acres of the largest private conservation project in New Zealand’s history, yet just 25 minutes from Wanaka, this high country lodge offers a large and impressive homestead with four private luxurious suites.
Communal areas boast two open fireplaces, a large open living area with expansive views and a fully equipped farmhouse kitchen. While native plant and wildlife abound on Mahu Whenua (the name translates to “healing of the land”), this magical property borders three favourite South Island ski fields (Coronet Peak, Treble Cone, and Cardrona). It also borders a cat skiing operation and heli-ski terrain, making it a dream base for the snow sport enthusiasts in winter, yet ideal for hikes and outdoor exploration in autumn.
The package includes:
Seven special nights in two unforgettable locations – Matakauri Lodge and Mahu Whenua – this is the best of both worlds.
The Tried, True and Something New tariff is NZ$13,590 inclusive of GST for seven nights, based on double or twin occupancy, with all the inclusions outlined below. A range of additional activities, which vary according to the season, can be priced and added separately.
- Four nights’ accommodation at Matakauri Lodge in a Deluxe Suite (double or twin share)
- Pre-dinner drinks, canapes, and gourmet dinner each evening
- Full Breakfast each morning
- Complimentary non-alcoholic mini-bar and use of all complimentary lodge facilities
- Private half-day wine tour with driver and guide exploring Gibbston Valley
- A luxurious 50-minute massage per person at Matakauri Lodge Spa
Mahu Whenua Lodge:
- Three nights’ accommodation at Mahu Whenua Lodge in a Cottage Suite (double or twin share)
- All meals prepared by in-house Chef (full breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon teas, refreshments + picnics)
- Premium wine and beverages served with pre-dinner canapes
- Winter experience helicopter excursion to the scenic lookout at Deadhorse Lake, soaking in views of Lake Wanaka and the valley
- Complimentary mini-bar and use of Lodge facilities
Available for reservations between 1st May – 30th September 2018, the Tried, True and Something New luxury package is a unique and exclusive collaboration between Matakauri Lodge and Mahu Whenua Lodge. Package is subject to availability.